Thursday, August 9, 2007

For the Slang Impaired

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Every person I know that's Hip Hop got love for Starks. The production be off the hook, the concepts are fresh but there's always that one question that lingers in any conversation about Ghost: WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKIN ABOUT?

Now, first I thought: Oh I aint from Shaolin so I don't know the slang....Wrong. Then I thought well maybe I aint Hip Hop enough....Wrong. Then finally I thought: Maybe I aint the only one. So I'm about to be on some other shit for a minute. I'm on a quest to DECODE GHOST.

I'd like to come to a general concensus with yall about the meaning in the content of any and every Ghostface track. Long story short I need yall help. So for instance...If you think (a guess is good enough) you know what "scotty wally cop it to me" means....Lemme know. Till then we can just mumble the lyrics like we understand.

Bung.

Disclaimer:
A. By no means am I claiming: to have the slang down, know exactly what the songs mean, know Ghost, Ironman or anybody from Starks Enterprises. I'm just tired of guessing and don't front like ya'll don't feel the same way.
B. This is for laughs and a tribute to the slang master general " Mr. Coles." No disrespect Ghost! I ain't tryin to step on your toes dunny.....I just gots to know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Scotty watty cop it to me, big microphone hippie
Hit Poughkepsie crispy chicken verbs throw up a stone richie..."

Scotty= from StarTrek "beam me up",
Watty= like electricity "high beamin",
cop it to me= gave me this shit,
big microphone hippie= abstract rhyme styles,
Hit Poughkepsie= Ny, Boondocks "way out there",
Crispy chicken verbs= greasy styles ,
Throw up a stone richie= create a classic cut


Ghost-Dini on some next shit. That must be some good snow inside his optimo. This shit's fun, let's do a "de La Decoder" next bro'.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Here's one from "Apollo Kids".
Can ya dig it ???

"Ghost is back, stretch Cadillacs, fruit cocktails
Hit the shells at Paul's Pastry Rack
Walk with me like Darthy tried to judge these
plush degrees, said the cow, wrap the fees
Gettin waxed all through the drive-thru
Take the stand, throw my hand all on the Bible
and tell lies too, I'm the ultimate
splash the Wolverine Razor Sharp ring, dolomite
student in role holdin it...."

Unknown said...

Yoooo!!! This whole shit got me screamin'. I'm laughing too hard to participate at this moment. I love Ghost, I love ya'll for asking the questions we all wonder, but we're just to souped about the song, to even ask.

Soulpurl77?? What r u the slang guru out this peice????!
holla@ya'll soon,
New